Mompetition: Why I can’t make mom friends

A friend of mine sent me this vid – I laughed and had to share. Let me know which part of the video resonates the most for you. Mine is the “I have a 5 year old, a 2 year old and a 1 year old, so it’s just like having twins” I am fairly certain that all the multiple mamas reading this have heard that before. Which part of the video did you relate to the most?

This entry was posted in Parenting. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Mompetition: Why I can’t make mom friends

1. Patty says:

This was so funny. I think I have had this conversation with different moms many times.

2. This is SO funny!!!
    Is it bad that I just wrote an very LONG article about why I don’t use time-out? I think I might have come across as the blonde crazy lady! Oh crap!

3. I loved this video! She has a blog she posts them on and I subscribe to it so I can see her other stuff too. Its all pretty darn good!

4. Oh. My. Word.
    I haven’t laughed so hard at a video since that dog who was sleepwalking.
    I shamefully admit that I’m with the blonde chick on some of them- I do a lot of the things she does (co-sleeping, etc.) but I do NOT judge others for choosing different methods &I advocate that you have to do what’s right for your family!

Thanks for posting this, if it’s okay I plan on posting it on my personal Facebook page. & Thanks for stopping by on my SITS day the other day!
    Shell

5. Jenni Chiu says:

This is sooooo fantastic!
    The part that resonates the most with me… that would be the hand gesture at the end.

PS- Baaa Tribe in the house!

6. I almost wish my girls were twins. I don’t know what’s worse – Going through it all at once but twice as hard or having it drawn out and continuous for longer. Mine are 2 and 3 and it is NOT “just like having twins.” That’s for sure!

7. TornadoTwos says:

This is funny! I will say that I have a 5yo, 3yo and 1 1/2 yo but you will be pleased to know I’ve NEVER said it’s just like having twins! I imagine that must irk you just as much as when people hear I have 5 kids, and once they hear my older two are 12 and 11 they say “Oh, well at least you have the older ones to help.”

Um, yeah, having 5 is much easier then if we had had just the 3. Good grief, people can be such idiots.

8. Dianna says:

Oh, dear — I’m the crazy one with all three littles in bed with me, still nursing the twins, and using cloth diapers.

Seriously.

This DID make me laugh — and there’s nothing that makes me cringe more then when people tell me, “It’s just like having twins.”

Um …. no, it’s REALLY not.

9. Crystal Lien says:

Hey- I’m here from our SITS BAA tribe. Just wanted to check out your blog and say Hi.

Crystal

10. Janene says:

As long as all the other kids are vaccinated mine won’t catch anything…

Hahahahahaha!

I have a friend who is convinced that her son will become Autistic if she gets him his vaccines as scheduled. The internet told her. So when I tell her that all of my children have been vaccinated on time she looks at me like I’m crazy.

I also have a friend who doesn’t let her kids watch TV…I actually think that would be great because they would probably be more independent and play better, etc….but I couldn’t do it! hehehe

11. Steph says:

I laughed out loud when I saw this…it’s too true!